DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Contributed by a viewer
For each one you will need:
- 18"x6" strip of white construction paper.
- 8 to10 1" strips of white crepe paper or buy a roll of white party streamer paper.
- Black construction paper, scraps will do.
- One or two 18" pieces of yarn or cotton string.
- white glue
- a paper punch is nice but not essential
- An adult needs to draw three 2" ovals. These may cut out by the child who can use scissors, or by an adult.
- These ovals, which will be the two eyes and mouth, can then be glued
approximately in the middle of the 18" white strip of paper.
- Turn the strip over and have the child begin to glue one end of each white streamer on the lower edge of the
paper. (The part where the mouth is.).
- Help the child space out the streamers.
- When this is finished it should look like a flat strip of paper with fringe.
- Now adult or child put a thin line of glue on either outside end of 18"strip.
- Bring the other end around to form a tube and glue ends together.
- The glued ends should be approximately opposite the face, which should be in front.
- At this point two holes can be punched on top edge and the string or yarn can be threaded through and each end tied, thus enabling one to hang the wind sock
in the wind!
Printable version of these instructions