DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Monster Paper Craft
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you can hang around the room.
- something to color with (if using the B&W version).
- hole punch.
- string, thread, ribbon or wool.
- Optional: thin cardboard.
- Print template of choice and color as necessary.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Fold each piece in half (on the dashed line) so they are all colored on both the front and the back.
- Optional: Put thin cardboard in between the front and back of each template piece to make them a bit sturdier.
- Glue together so the pieces are colored on both sides.
- 3D Spiders:
- Cut on one of the dotted lines of each template piece (only
cut as far as the dotted line goes, not all the way through the piece).
- Slide the pieces together, top to bottom
- Glue a piece of ribbon, string or thread onto the top (or hole punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through). If you hole
punch, do it through the spider that is cut from the bottom, not the one that is cut from the top.
- punch four holes in the bottom of the monster template.
- String one spider through each of the holes so it hangs down from the monster.
- Print as many copies of template 3 as you like and keep adding spiders to the bottom of the other spiders and the monster to make a very busy halloween scene!
- 'numbers practice' -- count the spiders.
- 'colors practice' -- color the background of each spider a different color.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions