DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Bat Treat Bag
© by Leanne Guenther
Fill with treats to give to the guests after a Halloween
party or use it to hold a "hostess gift" for the person hosting the party.
You will need: something to colour with, scissors,
glue, and paper (I prefer construction paper as it's a bit sturdier.
I just chop it down a bit to fit in my printer).
Optional: green pipe cleaner, string, wool or ribbon.
- Print out the template of choice. There is a choice between
a LARGE bag and a SMALL bag. Before you mass produce, you might
want to make one of each to see which you prefer.
- You can also take 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets to your local copy shop
and have them blown up to 11 x 17 for about 50 cents per page.
The paper they use is typically a bit sturdier than the normal printer
- Cut out the template along the outside lines. Cut along
the dotted lines (this will be the bag's bottom. Younger kids
may need help with this (it can be pre-done prior to colouring).
- You need two large bag templates to make one large bag.
- Place both of the cut out templates before you, face up.
- Glue the template on the right onto the glue tab of the template on the left.
- You should now have one long piece of paper.
- See diagram to the right if you're confused.
- Continue on as if you were making a small bag (the directions are the same from here on).
- Imagine a line extending up from the dotted lines you cut.
Fold along these imaginary lines, fold the GLUE tab and fold up the
tabs for the bag's bottom.
- Put glue on the glue tab (or tape) and glue it to the inside of the bag.
- Put glue on the tabs for the bags bottom and carefully press together.
- Attach a piece of pipe cleaner, string, wool or ribbon to make a
handle (or cut a piece of construction paper for the handle).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
LARGE BAG TEMPLATE (print 2) (color)
SMALL BAG TEMPLATE (color)
Printable version of these instructions