DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Halloween Monster Wreath
This is a fun wreath to do by yourself or with a group.
- Ring of cardboard (empty cereal boxes work wonderfully)
- construction paper (green and orange)
- Trace a small plate and a large plate onto a piece of old
- Empty cereal boxes or frozen dinner boxes work well.
- It doesn't matter if you go over the folds of the cardboard
- Cut a small strip of cardboard and glue it onto the back
of the ring over any folds in the cardboard.
- This will reinforce the ring.
- Cut strips of construction paper (about 1 1/2 inches by
- glue the strips into rolls (like making a paper chain).
- Glue the rolls of construction paper onto the wreath.
We made a green and orange pattern, but you can do it however
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the template pieces and cut out.
- Glue the head, candy corn and two hands on top of the wreath.
- Glue the body and two hands on the back of the wreath
(so it looks like the monster is peeking over the top.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable Version of these instructions