DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Jack-o'-Lantern Faces Cut and Paste Crafts
Paper crafts make terrific and simple Halloween decorations that even toddlers can help put together. Children can
design their own paper pumpkin faces to hang on bulletin boards or the refrigerator
There are options for "design your own" faces with different noses, mouths and eyes to mix and match or three
pre-designed faces for children to cut and paste (for those with only
one child who want to save a bit of time and paper). My girls and
I like the "design your own" option!
These are not intended to create patterns for carving
out real pumpkins. For ideas and templates for pumpkin carving,
check out our Pumpkin Carving Patterns.
- something to colour with. .
- Print out the template(s) of choice (there's a "design your own" option and a pre-designed faces option)
- the eyes and noses templates have 10 different sets each
- the mouths/eyebrows template has 5 different sets (so you may want to print 2 of it if doing the craft with more than one child).
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance. I usually let young children cut out the large
pieces (like the pumpkin) and I cut out the smaller pieces.
- Set all the pieces out on the table and allow the children to design their pumpkins.
- Once the child is happy with their face, they can glue their project together.
- use the pumpkin template, but instead of the face pieces, provide each
child with a piece of black construction paper and allow them to cut out
their own eyes, nose and mouth.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Design your own Pumpkin Faces
Template - tall
Template - short
Template - 10
Template - 5 mouths & eyebrows
Template - 10
Pre-designed Pumpkin Faces:
Template - easy shapes (color)
Template - sort of spooky (color)
Template - my husband's favorite (color)
Printable version of these instructions