DLTK's Crafts for Kids:
Pumpkin Sock Craft
Thanks so much to Tracy for sharing this great
idea for a pumpkin craft.
- orange paint (tempra or craft paint)
- green paint,
- black construction paper,
- paint brushes (medium size)
- stuffing for sock (cotton balls, fiberfill or even crumpled paper will work)
- rubber bands or green yarn/string
- Stuff sock foot with choice of stuffing material and tie off where
foot and tube part meet with rubber band or green yarn/string.
- Paint the entire foot of sock (area below the tied off area- this
becomes the pumpkin) orange and allow to dry a bit before continuing.
- While waiting for paint to dry a bit, cut shapes for jack-o-lantern
face from black construction paper. You can do standard triangles eyes and nose with mouth or let your imagination run wild!
- Now paint top of sock (remaining white of sock) green- this is your
pumpkins stem. Allow to dry and trim to desired stem length.
- Now take black paper face pieces and glue them onto the sock to
create your sock jack-o-lantern!
- Enjoy your new Halloween decoration! :)
My kids loved making these and hope others will as well! Tracy
Printable version of these instructions