DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Santa Claus Handprint Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Handprint crafts where you use different colors on the hand are a bit more challenging, but this cute little Santa Claus is worth it!
- white paint (poster, tempra, fingerpaint),
- red paint (poster, tempra, fingerpaint),
- black marker and red marker,
- thick paper (card stock or construction paper).
- ribbon or wool,
- scissors and hole punch.
My daughter made this in preschool.
- Just paint your child's hand with white paint on the tip of the thumb, red on the ball of the
hand with a little white under it, pink on the palm (mix white with a little
red to make pink) and white on the fingers.
- Use a white fingerprint for the ball at the end of Santa's hat.
- Then use marker or paint to make the face after it dries.
- Cut out a circle around the Santa.
- Punch a hole in the top and thread some ribbon through.
- We hang ours on our Christmas tree.
Another viewer shared this poem that she wrote to go with the handprint
When you hang this ornament
From year to year,
I hope it brings you a smile
From ear to ear
this handprint Santa will
Help you to remember,
How small I was in 2002 -
In the month of December.
And Erika did a Spanish translation for us:
Cuando cuelgues este adorno
Año tras año
Te treara una sonrisa
Por muchos años,
Esta huella de Santa
Te ayudara a recordar
Lo pequeño que eran mis manos Años atras. Diciembre 2005
Printable version of these instructions