I was busily designing the "Buzzing Bugs" craft and realized that one of the images ended up looking like a poinsettia so I decided to pop this in at the same time (I'm sure viewers wondered why I was adding Christmas crafts in the middle of May *laugh*).
There's a handprint option and a construction paper petal option -- pick your favorite. You can also add a cute buzzing bug or two if you like!
- paper plate
- green paint (poster paint, tempra paint or acrylic paint all work,
- paint brush,
- red construction paper,
- Optional: yellow construction paper, felt or pom poms
- optional: gold or silver glitter or glitter glue
Viewer Suggestion: instead of a paper plate,
trace a plate onto a piece of cardboard or poster board and
use that as the center of the project.
Instructions - paper version:
- Paint the "bottom" of your paper plate: your paper plate has the side you'd eat from and the side you'd place on the table -- the bottom is the side you'd place on the table.
- paint your plate a base color (green is nice!).
- Let dry.
- Trace petal shapes or handprints onto a piece of red construction paper.
- Cut out the petals/handprints.
- Glue them in circles around the plate .
- Using yellow construction paper, pom poms, felt or glitter make a circular center to your poinsettia.