crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Real Candle Christmas Craft
contributed by Pat!
Here is a Christmas craft for older children.
- plastic shallow butter bowl
- dried white beans
- dried kidney beans (reddish brown color)
- dried green lentils
- 1 oz. or a little less Elmer's glue.
- gold or red taper candle
(I had mixed beans, kidney beans and a red candle so that's what
I used for mine... I'm always telling people to use what they have!
You can also add sequins or sparkles to your bean and glue mixture!)
I think I put in more beans than I needed to... I was worried the candle wouldn't stay solid as it seemed wobbly
when I first put it in (you can sort of see the colored bean layer
and then the white layer I added because I didn't want the candle
to tip). I must say though that once the glue dries, the candle
sits in there VERY sturdily.
- Mix dried popcorn, peas, & beans together in the butter bowl.
- Then add Elmer's glue.
- Let sit for 2 minutes, then push candle in center.
- Let dry over night. push on bottom, it will pop right out.
(I made my beans quite deep, so I had to snip the sides of the container
a smidge before it popped out).
- You will have a beautiful centerpiece for your Christmas table.