DLTK's Crafts for Kids
"I'm Hooked on
Daddy" Father's Day Card
© by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple card or picture for dad centered around a child's handprint.
This makes a really cute card to accompany a fishing related gift (a new fishing reel or some nifty hooks).
You can use paint to make a handprint or you can trace a hand onto construction paper.
- something to color with
- Optional: construction paper
- Optional: paint that washes off easily (Crayola or other fingerpaint)
- Optional: wiggly eye
- Print template of choice or you can make your own - there is a choice of templates for a picture or a card.
- If making a card, fold in half down the middle.
- Trace the child's hand onto a piece of construction paper or have them make a handprint with fingerpaint.
- If necessary, glue the handprint onto the card or picture so the palm of the hand just overlaps the hook.
- Draw kissy fish lips (I just draw a squashed heart shape) on the palm.
- Draw an eye or glue a wiggly eye on the fish.
You can add this poem to the inside of the card:
I know you wipe some away,
But this handprint was made to stay.
So keep it forever, a treasure you’ll see.
A special “I Love You”, to you
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
I'm Hooked on Daddy template (color)
Card version of the template (color)
Printable version of