DLTK's Crafts for Kids
"I'm Hooked on
Daddy" Father's Day Card
This is a simple card or picture for dad centered around a child's handprint.
This makes a really cute card to accompany a fishing related gift (a new fishing reel or some nifty hooks).
You can use paint to make a handprint or you can trace a hand onto construction paper.
- something to color with
- Optional: construction paper
- Optional: paint that washes off easily (Crayola or other fingerpaint)
- Optional: wiggly eye
- Print template of choice or you can make your own - there is a choice of templates for a picture or a card.
- If making a card, fold in half down the middle.
- Trace the child's hand onto a piece of construction paper or have them make a handprint with fingerpaint.
- If necessary, glue the handprint onto the card or picture so the palm of the hand just overlaps the hook.
- Draw kissy fish lips (I just draw a squashed heart shape) on the palm.
- Draw an eye or glue a wiggly eye on the fish.
You can add this poem to the inside of the card:
I know you wipe some away,
But this handprint was made to stay.
So keep it forever, a treasure you'll see.
A special “I Love You”, to you from me.
more handprint poems
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).