DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Father's Day Muffin Flower Card
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
These are simple and fun cards for even the youngest children to make for dad.
The center of the flower can be further decorated with sequins, small seeds or a photo. We glued a small photo of Kaitlyn (she made the card) into the center of the flower.
- a printer (or draw your own stem and leaves),
- a piece of paper.
- two muffin cups
(the paper cups you make muffins or cupcakes in) - we used one
small and one large, but you could use two of the same size.
- something the color with (paint, crayons, markers, etc) -- blue, silver
and purple are nice choices for father's day.
- small photo
- Colour the two muffin cups father's day colours (they
will be the flower head).
- This step should be first, especially if using paint, so it has a
chance to dry while you're doing the other steps.
- Set aside to dry.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Cut out the template pieces and colour if necessary.
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half to make a card.
- Glue the leaves and the stem onto the front of the card.
- Glue the two muffin cups onto the top of the stem
(one on top of the other) to form the flower.
- Flatten out the bottom cup a bit more
than the top cup so you can see the petals.
- you can use more than two cups if you want...
the more cups you use, the more petals your flower will have.
- Print "Happy Father's Day!" on the card.
- You can decorate the card further by colouring
in grass. Alternatively, you can use balled up pieces of green
tissue paper as grass.
- Optional: Glue a photo into the center of the flower.
- Fill the inside of your card with hand drawn pictures, a photo, stickers
or a message to the person you're giving your card to.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions