Rather than giving dad a card, you can make him this fisherman bear paper craft. You can print a message to dad on the back of the bear and then dad can hang him up on the fridge or in his office.
Tip 1: Glue the bear to the front of a folded over piece of construction paper or a doily to make a cute card.
Tip 2: Purchase fancy paper from the scrapbooking store and print the B&W version onto this for an extra fancy Bear.
Tip 3: Scotch tape a straw or popsicle stick to the bottom to make a puppet.
Tip 4: Glue a small piece of sandpaper on the back to make a felt board character
Tip 5: Add a little message like: I love you 'bear-y' much, Dad!
- Print out the template of choice. You need both templates to make one bear.
- Color (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the template pieces. (The pieces on the template are at about the angle they will be on the finished craft.� That should help you sort out which pieces belong where).
- Glue pieces together:
- Glue the smaller oval (tummy) onto the large oval body.
- Add the arms and legs onto the body.
- Glue on the head.
- Add the muzzle and eyes.
- Add the nose.
- Glue the fish into one hand and fishing rod into the other.
- Glue on the hat.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).