DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Fisherman Bear Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Rather than giving dad a card, you can make him this fisherman bear paper craft. You can print a message to dad on the back of the bear and then dad can hang him up on the fridge or
in his office.
Tip 1: Glue the bear to the front of a folded over piece of construction paper or a doily to make a cute card.
Tip 2: Purchase fancy paper from the scrapbooking store and print the B&W version onto this for an extra fancy Bear.
Tip 3: Scotch tape a straw or popsicle stick to the bottom to make a puppet.
Tip 4: Glue a small piece of sandpaper on the back to make a felt board character
Tip 5: Add a little message like: I love you 'bear-y' much, Dad!
- Print out the template of choice. You need both templates to make
- Color (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the template pieces. (The pieces on the template are at about the angle they will be on the finished craft. That should help you sort out which pieces belong where).
- Glue pieces together:
- Glue the smaller oval (tummy) onto the large oval body.
- Add the arms and legs onto the body.
- Glue on the head.
- Add the muzzle and eyes.
- Add the nose.
- Glue the fish into one hand and fishing rod into the other.
- Glue on the hat.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Fisherman Bear template 1 (color) or
Fisherman Bear template 2 (color) or
Printable version of these instructions