This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you can hang around the room.
- string, thread, ribbon or wool
- Optional: crayons (or paint, markers, etc)
- Print template (there is only B&W available) and color as desired.
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance and can be done before hand.
- Cut on one of the dotted line right up to the center.
- Pick out the two matching cross (this is good practice for young children!).
- Slide the cross together, top to bottom all I have is the snowflake image to show you how it's done
- Glue a ribbon or thread onto the top (or hole punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through; I used a thread and it worked really well).
- instead of simply coloring the template, here are some thoughts
- sparkles or sparkle glue
- Salt Drip
- 3 parts flour
- 1 part salt
- food coloring
Mix together 3 parts flour, 1 part salt, food coloring, and enough water to make a dripping consistency but not too runny. Use a popsicle stick to drip onto paper shapes. Will dry hard and sparkly.
- There are some brief instructions written right on the template.
- If you want your cross to be two-sided, print two templates out and glue matching cross together back to back. Do everything else as directed.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).