This fun and simple water color craft is a great way for for preschool and kindergarten children to make creative easter shapes.
There are several options of shapes; I used an egg shape, but this craft would also work well for a other easter shapes, like a cross
This craft is great for decorating a wall or bulletin board during the Easter season.
- white paper (water color paint warps paper, so the thicker the paper the better; special water color paper works the best but printer paper would be okay too),
- printer (or you can freehand draw your own egg),
- water color paint
- Print one of the easter shapes template or draw a simple easter shape free-hand. If you're working with a group of kids you can make a cardboard template or two that they can take turns tracing onto pieces of white paper.
- If you are using special paper like water color paper, cut out the easter shape template and trace the shape onto the back of your special paper.
- On the front of the paper, use different Water Color Painting Techniques to paint the paper. Paint a larger section of paper than the traced shape, so that when you cut out the shape, it is all covered with water color paint.
- Let the paint dry completely and then cut out the traced easter shape.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).