DLTK's Crafts for Kids
(religious and secular options)
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Hang on a doorknob filled with candy or small toys for
the kids to find on Easter morning.
- ribbon (to hang it with)
- a piece of paper.
- something to color with (for B&W version)
- lace (to decorate the top edge with)
- thin cardboard like empty cereal boxes (to reinforce with)
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate.
- Optional: glue the template
piece to a thin piece of cardboard. If you use this option, you'll
need to staple the cone shut instead of taping or gluing. This will
enable you to put heavier things in your cone.
- Cut the pieces out. (Cutting may
require adult assistance and can be pre-done). Cut along the solid lines only!
- For template 2, glue on the leaves to make a basket that looks
like a carrot.
- Optional: Add lace along
the straight edge (top edge) of the template piece.
- See the picture above if you're confused as to
how to put this together. The kids think it's pretty "magical" how the flat piece of paper turns
into a cone!
- If you look at the bottom of the half circle (the
straight part), you'll see the "glue here".
- Glue, staple or tape the side on the right to the side on the left.
- Tape on a ribbon handle.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 (Happy Easter):
Template 2 (carrot): (color)
Template 2 (carrot leaves):
Template 3 (He is Risen):
also see Rabbit Basket
Printable version of these instructions