DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Egg Shell Coloring Craft
Thanks to Jolene for sharing this one with us!
- Collect egg shells.
- If you can, rub off the "skin" attached to the shell whilst they are still damp or you can let the shells dry (they seem to dye better this way).
- Then crush the shells - my kids love doing
- Put a few drops of food colouring in with the crushed egg shells
(you might need to add a drop of water or 2 to make sure the colour dyes all the egg shells.
- You will need to let these dry about a day or 2 should be OK (as a short cut I used a hairdryer - but had a few egg shells on the counter as they are light and 'fly" out the bowl.
- My Brownies then used these egg shells to decorate the
colouring picture that is on your site (chick is coming out of the
egg) by gluing them to the page using a quick drying glue.
Printable version of these instructions