DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Hot Cross Muffins
Visit our new printable
recipes section to print this recipe on 3x5, 4x6 or full page.
Contributed by Paula. Thank you!
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- a teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- just over 1/4 cup sultanas
- just under 1/4 cup currants
- 2 table spoons mixed peel
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 190 C (375 F).
- Spray 16 holes of 2 x 12 muffins tray or mini muffin tray (makes lots of mini muffins).
- Sift flours flours into a large bowl and add other all dry ingredients, toss together with fingers.
- In another jug/bowl mix eggs, oils and milk.
- Add to dry ingredients and fold until just mixed.
- Mixture should be lumpy.
- Spoon into prepared muffin trays.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- As muffins are baking mix up cross mixture until a pipable flour paste.
- Take muffins from oven, pipe crosses on and return for 10 - 15 minutes until golden and bounce back when pressed with finger tips.