DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Corn Cob Craft
Make this corn on the cob craft to celebrate fall or the harvest season.
- something to colour with.
- Optional: construction paper.
- Optional: popcorn or yellow tissue paper if you choose to glue it onto the craft.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change of pace, try using different mediums than you typically do, such as paints or ripped pieces of tissue paper).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the template husk onto the corn cob.
- Optional: Glue the corn with husk onto a background piece of heavy paper. It will make it easier to complete the next step.
- Optional: Glue popcorn onto the cob. This makes the craft a bit more difficult, so may not be appropriate for large groups of 2 and 3 year
olds. Alternatively, for kids that young, you can scrunch up 1 inch pieces of yellow tissue paper to act as the kernels.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions