DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Autumn Squirrel Wreath
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun wreath to do by yourself or with a group.
- Ring of cardboard (empty cereal boxes work wonderfully).
- construction paper (yellow and orange).
- Trace a small plate and a large plate onto a piece of old cardboard.
- Empty cereal boxes or frozen dinner boxes work well.
- It doesn't matter if you go over the folds of the cardboard.
- Cut a small strip of
cardboard and glue it onto the back of the ring over any folds in the cardboard.
- This will reinforce the ring.
- Cut strips of construction paper (about 1 1/2 inches by 4 inches).
- Glue the strips into rolls (like making a paper chain).
- Glue the rolls of construction paper onto the wreath. We made a yellow and orange pattern, but you can do it however you wish.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color the template pieces and cut out.
- Glue the head, acorn and two paws on top of the wreath.
- Glue the body, tail and two paws on the back of the wreath (so it looks like the squirrel is peeking over the top.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions