DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Small Graduation Cap Craft
- egg carton cup
- cardboard or poster board
- poster paint (tempra paint) in an appropriate color (school colors).
- Paint brush
- Optional: wool in an appropriate color (school colors)
- Cut a 5" square from cardboard or poster board (adult help may be
needed for this step).
- Cut one cup from an egg carton (adult help may be needed for this step).
- Paint egg carton and both sides of cardboard in color of your choice.
- Let dry.
- Position egg carton upside down and glue cardboard on the top.
Optional: Make a tassel with wool:
- wrap a piece of wool around three fingers or so or a
piece of cardboard 5 to 10 times (we're making a small tassel)
- Tie a long piece of wool (about 6") through the loop
- remove wool from base and tie a piece of wool around the
loop you've made about 1/4" down from the top
- Snip the ends at the bottom to form the tassel.
- Staple or tape the tassel to the cap
Printable version of these