© by Leanne Guenther
|Time Required:||1-2 hours, plus overnight drytime for paints|
|Materials Required:||old white button up shirt-oversized, beret, black turtleneck shirt, black pants, black eyeliner pencil, acrylic paints (cheap at craft store or dollar store), paintbrush, cardboard, velcro strips (I found velcro at the dollar store).|
|Directions:||1. Splatter paint (I used 5 colors)onto white shirt w/paintbrush.
2.Cut cardboard to look like an artist pallet.
3.Pour "blobs" of each color paint onto cardboard pallet.
4. Mix colors a bit to look realistic.
5. Lay paintbrush onto pallet while paint is wet. As the paint dries, the brush will stick to pallet...so be sure there is a little extra paint under brush so that it will stick well.
6. After paint on pallet dries, attach velcro strips onto back of pallet using glue or tape. Make the strips long enough so that the velcro will loop around hand or wrist and can be adjusted.
7. Using black eyeliner pencil; draw long, curly mustache on child/adult.
8. Layer painted shirt over black turtleneck. Put on black pants and beret.
|Comments:||I have made this outfit twice, in adult and kid sizes. It always gets lots of "ooohs and aaahhhs". Layer warmer weather clothes under white shirt if necessary. Have Fun!|