Materials needed for this cute footprint ghost are black construction paper, black marker or paint, white tempra or poster paint, large ice cream container lid or sponge paintbrush, and a foot!
If you fold the construction paper in half prior to printing, you can make some really cute halloween cards this way -- use gold or silver gel pens to write Happy Halloween on the front and a message inside!
A viewer wrote..
I just wanted to let you know... I do home daycare and I LOVE to do your crafts with the kids here. They can't wait till activity time and they always enjoy whatever craft I choose. I just recently did the ghost footprints craft (for the second year in a row)... I added this little poem I made up. I thought I would share it with you incase you wanted to use it too:
BOO! BOO! BOO!
Happy Halloween to YOU!
No need to be shocked..
These 2 stinky ghosts Are now socked!
I thought it fit well. Keep up the great work and Thank you, Thank you,
Thank you. :o)
- put a piece of dark paper down on the floor (you may want to cover a small area with newspaper to keep things clean).
- Spread white paint in a thin layer on a large ice cream container lid and
have the child dip their foot in. Help them roll their foot inward to
get paint on their instep as well (TIP: tell them to put their knees
together while keeping their feet on the floor).
- use a sponge paintbrush (about 25 cents each at your local hardware or craft store) to spread some white paint onto the child's foot.
- Have the child step onto the dark paper. Again, help them roll their foot inward so their instep stamps too (otherwise your ghost's body will have a bit of a blank spot in the middle).
- Let paint dry (while cleaning up).
- Use black marker or paint to blob on two eyes and a mouth.