Taffy Apple Cookies
© by Leanne Guenther
Thanks to Denise for sending this in!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 package caramels
- 1 5oz. can evaporated milk
- Optional: finely chopped walnuts OR sprinkles
- Mix the first four ingredients together.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add flour. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Bake at 350 degrees
for about 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool and insert a toothpick in each.
- Combine caramels and evaporated milk and heat until melted to make the
- Dip in caramel coating then into finely chopped walnuts or sprinkles or leave plain.
- Place each cookie in a mini muffin paper cup.