DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Kwanzaa Word Ladders
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Lewis Carroll, the writer of Alice in Wonderland, invented
this word game. It's a terrific exercise for grade school
children -- fun and educational!
- Print out the template and complete the word ladder listed based on the clues provided.
- There are three versions of each word ladder -- the hard version
has none of the ladder filled in, the medium version has two letters
of each word filled in and the easy version has three letters of each
word filled in.
- Change one letter of the word for each rung of the ladder to form
a new word -- the clues will help you figure out what the word should
- Complete all of the rungs of the ladder to complete the puzzle!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Puzzle: Green to Black
Word Ladder template - hard
Word Ladder template - medium
Word Ladder template - easy
Printable version of these instructions