DLTK's Crafts for Kids
DLTK's Kwanzaa Candle
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This pretend Kwanzaa candle is made with a toilet
paper tube, a printer and a little imagination. It goes
well as a table decoration along with the matching
Kwanzaa napkin rings.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the
- Glue the flame to the top of the "candle".
- Glue on the ears of corn in whatever way you choose
to decorate the candle.
- Set the candle on top of a round piece of construction
paper or a doily so you don't get imaginary wax all over
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting
the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE,
PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use sparkles, sparkle glue, or felt to decorate some more.
- Use pieces of lace or ribbon to trim the bottom of the candle or
the edge of the doily.
Printable version of these instructions