DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Alternative FOR OLDER CHILDREN: Trace the template pieces onto craft foam. Draw on details with black marker or fabric paint (mouth, eyes, nose). This will turn the craft into a nice, long lasting, wall hanging and challenges their artistry a bit more than the preschool paper craft.
- Print out the template of choice (color or B&W)
- Colour or paint the template pieces.
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance).
- Glue the candles onto the base. (You can glue
one on each day of Kwanzaa)
- You can add the child's name and the year onto the back.
- You can write the Swahili name of the candles onto each
- You can glue this craft onto large butcher paper or
plain wrapping paper to make personalized gift wrap or onto the front
of a large piece of construction paper to make a card.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).