DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Recipe Card Holder
© by Leanne Guenther
Fits standard sized recipe cards.
- fun foam sheet in your favorite color
- hole punch,
- ribbon, string or wool
- optional decorations: fun foam shapes (we cut out our own),
beads (we made our own paper
- Cut a piece of fun foam 6 1/2 inches by 10 1/2 inches
(17cm x 28cm).
- Fold the big foam piece so it's a 6.5 x 6.5 inch
square (there'll be a 4 inch front and a 6.5 inch back).
- Punch four holes on either side.
- Tie a piece of wool, ribbon or string on the top of one side and
lace the side. Repeat on the other side.
- To make lacing easier, fold a small piece of pipecleaner in a V
shape and slip your ribbon or wool through there. Now squeeze
the V shape shut and you'll have a pipecleaner "needle" to
help you sew.
- Tie some beads onto the end of the ribbon.
- Glue or lace on some decorations (we cut a flower shape out of
burgundy and a circle out of green. we punched holes in the
shapes and through the holder, then we 'sewed' it all together with
ribbon like you would sew on a button)
- Cut out a fun foam rectangle to make a little sign for the front of the
recipe card... The children can print on it in black permanent marker
("love you Grandma!", "Grandma's make great cookies",
"Mom's the greatest!", that sort of thing).
- Look at the 'decor' of the kitchen... for example, maybe it's decorated
with dairy cows... paint your project to go with that decor (white with
black spots for the dairy cow example).
Printable version of these instructions