DLTK's Crafts for Kids
DAY CANDLE CRAFT
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
All I want for mother's day is a homecooked meal
(made by the kids) and a craft or two (also made by the kids). I'm easy to
please. This mother's day candle craft can be put together as part of a dinner party
thrown by the kids just for mom. Pair it with the matching napkin
rings for the perfect Mother's Day table setting.
Children will need a toilet paper roll, a
printer, something to colour with, scissors, glue, and paper .
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the
template pieces. Younger kids may need help with this.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue on the flowers to decorate either the candle
or the doily.
- Glue on the flame to finish the candle.
- Place the candle on the doily (you may want to
tape it on).
- If you are using the black and white template,
print it on coloured construction paper as an Alternative to colouring it in.
- Feel free to decorate further with sparkles,
sparkle glue, sequins or anything else the kids can think of.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these