more crafts > [flowers] [recipe holders] [other]
I love handprint crafts! I save each one in a special binder and peek at them every so often. It's fun to compare and see how they've grown. As I'm sure I'm not the only mom in the world who likes to look back and see how tiny those hands were, a handprint wreath makes a nice Mother's Day gift.
- string or ribbon
- three colours of pastel paint or construction paper.
- Optionally, a photo can be glued into the center of the wreath.
Check out the poem
to go with this craft
- There are two ways to do this craft. One is to trace the child's hand onto paper and cut out the prints. The second is to make paint handprints on the paper and cut those out.
- Make nine handprints (3 of each colour).
- Cut out the prints and glue to form a wreath.
- You can decorate the wreath further with pictures
(like daffodils or tulips). These can be:
- hand drawn artwork by the children.
- pictures from colouring books, magazines or fliers
- or use the templates I've attached below.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).