DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Meaningful Messages for Mom
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
If you like this idea, you may also want to check out the Angel
Messages in a Jar craft.
I prefer the B&W template, as it gives the children the chance to
showcase their coloring skills. But if one child is preparing a whole
batch of them on their own, you might want to print one color template and one
B&W template (there are 6 messages on each template) so the child doesn't get tired of coloring *grin*.
- Clean Jar
- Optional: something to color with
- Print the template(s) of choice. There are 6 messages on each template.
- Color, as necessary, and cut out the messages.
- Insert the messages into a clean glass jar and paint lid or or cover with a large doily, or tissue paper and use yarn or ribbon
to tie it on.
- For an extra touch some potpourri or candy could be added or spray the
messages lightly with fragrance.
- Attach a small card that indicates that the recipient should open the jar and read
a message at the beginning of each month. Or you can have them read a
message whenever they need cheering up.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the
template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most
you can also find a few more quotes on the
Quotes for and about Mom page
Printable version of these