DLTK's Crafts for Kids
These are half craft and half card and would make nice Spring or Mother's Day cards. There are a number of different templates to choose from.
Even if you have a colour printer,
you may prefer the black and white version which the kids can colour in themselves...
- There are three templates for each of the card:
- the main template
- the window template
- the poem template.
- You can mix and match or skip pieces as you see fit.
- Print one of each type of template.
- Color the main template (if you choose the B&W option)
- If you choose the BLANK main template, glue a small photo of the child, favorite pet, recipient, etc into the center area. You could also cut pictures of favorite toys or flowers out of a magazine and glue them to the center area.
- Cut out around the outside line.
- Fold in half on the dotted line to make a basic card.
- Now move onto the window template
- color as necessary
- Cut it out around the outside line
- Cut out the CENTER of the window (so you can see through the card. I usually get a start on it for the kids and then let them finish it)
- Optional: glue/tape a piece of clear cellophane to the back
side so that it looks like a window.
- Glue the window template over top of the front of the main
template. It makes it look like your character is peeking through
- if you want to make the window look more 3D, glue some thin strips
of cardboard in between the main template and the window template so
the window "pops out" more.
- if you want to make the window look more 3D, glue some thin strips of cardboard in between the main template and the window template so the window "pops out" more.
- Print out the poetry template. Cut out around the outside line and
glue to the inside of the card.
- Let the kids write "Happy Mother's Day!" or some other short note to the front of the card and fill in
whatever they wish to the inside of the card.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
(window 2 is easier to cut out)