DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Mother's Day Printable Puzzle
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
OK dads... get your crafting hats on! (Darren, are you listening? *grin*) If mom has toddlers or preschoolers and loves making jigsaw puzzles this is a great gift.
Older children (and dads!) can color in the template and turn it into a puzzle; then the toddlers can help mom put the puzzle together on mother's day! There's enough room underneath
the sunshine on the bird template to print a personal message.
- something to color with
- Optional: corrugated cardboard (from old packing boxes)
- Optional: glue and exacto knife
- Print out the jigsaw puzzle template.
- Color in the template and print a message to mom if you like.
- Cut out a piece of corrugated cardboard the same size as your
template (8 1/2 x 11 ish). Glue your page onto it.
- ADULT: using sharp scissors or exacto knife, cut out the
cardboard along the puzzle template lines. (No, Darren... you can't use your reciprocating saw for this!)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template (Hugging Mom) (color)
Template (Mommy Bird) (color)
Printable version of these instructions