DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Mother's Day Sudoku Puzzles
Fun fact about Leanne -- I love puzzles!
When sudoku first came out, I was thrilled to have a "new" kind to do. Unfortunately, the girls couldn't do them with me because they were too hard so I made up this far simpler version with a 4x4 grid instead of the "grown up" 9x9 grid. (to be honest, I still find the 4x4 sometimes takes me some thought to complete!)
Anyways, now that the girls are older, they can do the ordinary ones with me but I still fondly remember printing out an easy sudoku now and then to do with the kids when they were young.
The "easy" Sudoku puzzle is appropriate for preschool and kindergarten students.
The regular Sudoku puzzle is appropriate for grade 1 to 3 students and is still a fun themed
activity for students in grades 4+.
- Print out the puzzle of your choice.
- Complete the Sudoku puzzle making sure no image is repeated in a
row, a column or a square. You can draw the images in or just use
the numbers that correspond to the image.
- Alternative: You can print out a copy of the answer key
and cut out the individual squares. Give these squares to the child
to paste onto the puzzle template to solve it (sometimes it is
easier for the kids to solve the puzzles when they have the shapes
in front of them to play with)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).