This is a good craft for a mom or grandma who enjoys a cup of tea! You can accompany it with some purchased tea bags, tea pot or tea cup. "Linda" sent in a suggestion to go with this craft as well... attach a single bag of tea and this poem:
Here's a gift for Mother's Day.
I'll do my best in every way.
But when you get upset with me,
relax and have a cup of tea.
With love, (child's name).
Although this craft was originally meant to be a fridge magnet, if you don't have magnet backings don't worry about it too much. Use the craft for a card, make a collage/picture from it or just as individual pictures to hang up. I'm sure mom will love it no matter how the kids present it!
I have put in TWO teacups so if it's a family of 2 children, they can each be a cup and mom can be the teapot. OR, if you're making this for Grandparent's Day the child can be the teapot and grandma and grandpa can each be a cup!
- something to colour with,
- magnet backing (Optional)
- A photograph or hand drawn picture of mom's face and a photograph or hand drawn picture of the child's face that will fit inside the circle of the flower and the circle of the sun.
- To make the craft sturdier, you can paste the paper template onto a piece of poster board or cardboard before cutting it out. (Whenever I need poster board, I usually use the cardboard that comes out of nylon stocking packages or from cereal boxes)
- Print out the template of choice. Glue the template onto poster board or cardboard if you wish to make the craft sturdier.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces. Younger kids may need help with this.
- Cut the picture of mom (or grandma) and picture of child out in a circle shape to fit in the center of the teapot and teacup.
- We did it so the child was the teapot, but you can do it the other way too!
- Attach the magnet to the back (most of the magnets from the craft store come with a sticky backing, but if you have one that doesn't use a glue gun to attach).
- Feel free to decorate further with sparkles, sparkle glue, sequins or anything else the kids can think of.
When the children give mom her gift, make sure they sing!
"I'M A LITTLE TEAPOT"
I'm a little teapot, short and
Here is my handle, and here is my spout.
When I spy a teacup, then I shout,
Tip me over and pour me out!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).