DLTK's Craftsfor Kids
Leprechaun Paper Craft
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is easy for young children to make for Saint Patrick's Day.
- a printer,
- a piece of paper.
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- scissors, and
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- I usually roughly cut out all of the pieces and then let Kaitlyn (age 4) cut out the larger pieces (like the body, legs and hat)
while I cut out the more fiddly pieces like the head and hands.
- To glue together:
- Glue the legs onto the bottom of the large body piece
- Glue the arms onto the body piece so the shoulders line up about at the top.
- Glue the shamrock to the center of the body.
- Glue the hands to the bottom of the arms, so they overlap the shamrock a bit
- Glue the head onto the body
- Glue the hat onto the head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
You need all 4 templates to make one leprechaun
Printable version of these instructions