DLTK's Crafts for Kids
St. Patrick's Day Handprint Wreath
I love handprint crafts! I save each one in a special binder and peek at them every so often. It's fun to compare and see how they've grown.
- scissors, and
- green colours of paint or construction paper.
- There are two ways to do this craft. One is to
trace the child's hand onto paper and cut out the prints. The second is to make paint
handprints on the paper and cut those out.
- Make six to nine handprints.
- Cut out the prints and glue to form a wreath.
- You can decorate the wreath further with pictures (clovers or pots of gold). These can be:
- hand drawn artwork by the children.
- pictures from colouring books, magazines or fliers
- or use the templates I've attached below
- Alternative: Instead of using green, use a rainbow of colors and make a rainbow themed handprint wreath.
Optional Decorations Templates:
Printable version of these instructions