more crafts > [Leprechauns] [Pot of Gold] [Rainbows] [Shamrocks] [Wreaths] [Other]
Younger children will find this a very easy craft to make. The shape has big, bold lines with relatively few curves which should make it easier for preschoolers to cut out on their own.
You can choose between the full page template (one shamrock on the page) or the half page template (two shamrocks on one page).
- Printer (we used construction paper)
- one of:
- Optional: something to color with, sparkle glue or glitter
- Optional: popsicle stick
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Decorate the shamrock with fruit loops, colored macaroni or colored rice.
- Hang on the fridge!
- or -
Glue your shamrock to a Popsicle stick and make your Shamrock dance while you sing this song:
I'm a little Shamrock (sung to: I'm a little Teapot)
look at me
oh what color can I be
If you said that I was
the color green
then stand right up and YELL
for sharing this Karen!)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).