DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Shamrock Tree Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
There are two variations on this
craft depending on which templates you print and how messy you want to get. You can
- Print the Shamrocks and decorate a
"homemade" trunk (to make the trunk, trace your child's arm from the elbow up,
including the fingers)
- Print the Trunk and the Shamrocks and paste them
If you want a very well covered tree, print two copies of the Shamrocks template.
- something to
- You will also need finger paint if you choose the first option.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change
of pace, try using different mediums than you typically do, such as paints or
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance. Don't worry too much about getting the tree branches cut out
- Glue the shamrocks all over the tree to decorate.
- You can glue the entire tree to a decorated
background (blue construction paper, with green tissue paper for grass,
a painted rainbow and white cotton
balls for clouds works very nicely!).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions