DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Shamrock Tree Craft
There are two variations on this
craft depending on which templates you print and how messy you want to get. You can
- Print the Shamrocks and decorate a
"homemade" trunk (to make the trunk, trace your child's arm from the elbow up,
including the fingers)
- Print the Trunk and the Shamrocks and paste them
If you want a very well covered tree, print two copies of the Shamrocks template.
- something to
- You will also need finger paint if you choose the first option.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change
of pace, try using different mediums than you typically do, such as paints or
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance. Don't worry too much about getting the tree branches cut out
- Glue the shamrocks all over the tree to decorate.
- You can glue the entire tree to a decorated
background (blue construction paper, with green tissue paper for grass,
a painted rainbow and white cotton
balls for clouds works very nicely!).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions