DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Saint Patrick's Day Songs, Games and Poems
Saint Patrick's Day Poems:
By Killarney's Lakes and Fells by Edmund O'Rourke
Five Green Shamrocks Poem with felt board printouts
Lake Isle of Innisfree by William Butler Yeats
Leprechaun Stew Poem action poem
Oh, Did you Ne'er Hear of the Blarney by Samuel Lover
Saint Patrick was a Gentleman by Henry Bennet
The Shamrock Poem by Andrew Cherry
Saint Patrick's Day Songs:
He Lived Under a Rainbow (tune of B-I-N-G-O)
I'm a Little Leprechaun (tune of I'm a Little Teapot)
I'm a Little Shamrock (tune of I'm a Little Teapot)
Saint Patrick's Day Game:
Modify Doggy Doggy where's your bone to be Leprechaun, Leprechaun where's your shamrock
- One child is the leprechaun -- sits in the middle of the circle with eyes closed.
- One of the children in the circle hides the shamrock behind their back - I always have an adult distribute the shamrock so all the
kids get a turn.
- Circle children say: "Leprechaun, Leprechaun where's your shamrock? Somebody has it in their Pocket! Guess
who? Maybe you? Maybe a monkey from the zoo! Come on Leprechaun find your shamrock.".
- Leprechaun opens eyes and has 3 guesses as to who has the shamrock.
- Child with the shamrock becomes the next leprechaun.