DLTK's Crafts for Kids
A thumb, a finger and a bit of paint are all you need to make
these very personal poppies and poppy wreaths. This is an excellent craft for young children -- preschoolers can make a single poppy and kindergarteners can try their hand at
making an entire wreath. Alternatively each child can make a single poppy on a circle of paper and you can put the group's circles together to make one wreath.
- red finger paint
- green or black finger paint
- scrap of cardboard or old margarine container lid (something to act as a pallet).
- Squeeze a bit of red finger paint onto a margarine container lid .
- Squeeze a bit of green/black finger paint onto the lid, spaced away
from the red paint (or use a second lid).
- Stamp the pad of your thumb into the red paint.
- Use your thumb to make 4 poppy petals in a "square" (circle).
- Stamp the tip of your index finger into the green/black paint.
- Use your index finger to stamp a green or black center into your
- You can make a single poppy or continue making fingerprint poppies in a circle to form a poppy wreath.