DLTK's Crafts for Kids
A thumb, a finger and a bit of paint are all you need to make
these super-cute poppies and poppy wreaths.
- red finger paint
- green or black finger paint
- scrap of cardboard or old margarine container lid (something
to act as a pallet).
- Squeeze a bit of red finger paint onto a margarine container lid
- Squeeze a bit of green/black finger paint onto the lid, spaced away
from the red paint (or use a second lid).
- Stamp the pad of your thumb into the red paint.
- Use your thumb to make 4 poppy petals in a "square" (circle).
- Stamp the tip of your index finger into the green/black paint.
- Use your index finger to stamp a green or black center into your
- You can make a single poppy or continue making fingerprint
poppies in a circle to form a poppy wreath.
Printable version of these instructions