DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Veteran (Sailor) Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Paper crafts make terrific and simple projects
decorations that even toddlers can help put together.
For beginner scissor users, allow them to cut out the simple
pieces like the legs and shoes while you cut out the more
complicated pieces like the head and scarf.
Other crafts that go with this one include the Newspaper Sailor Hats, the
Soldier Paper Craft and the Young Sailor Paper Craft
- glue, and
- something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
I usually let young children cut out the large pieces while I cut out
the smaller pieces.
- Glue the sailor together as follows:
- Glue the body to the legs (there is a tab on the legs for applying
- Glue the scarf just below the collar
- Glue the shoes on the legs (again using the tabs for gluing)
- Glue the head onto the body
- Glue the hat onto the head
- Glue the arm in a saluting position onto the body (use the tab
for applying glue)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Veteran sailor template (color)
Printable version of these instructions