DLTK's Crafts for Kids
- Finger paint (or tempra paint and brush) in red (and green if you have it).
- Cotton balls or shredded newspaper.
- IF HANGING: short piece of string, wool or ribbon.
- Print two copies of the template (or just draw two poppies freehand
but make them the same size). Do not cut out yet.
- Let the children paint the templates with finger paints or a brush
and tempra paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out the poppies (adults will need to help with this).
- Staple all the way around the edge of the poppies, leaving an opening
at the top.
- Stuff the poppy with shredded paper (kids age 3+ love to help with
- Finish stapling the poppy closed.
- Staple a short piece of string to the top to hang from the ceiling.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).