DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Heart Poppy Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Any of you who enjoy scrapbooking or card making have likely made some variation of this craft. Construction paper works just fine, but you can use patterned scrapbooking paper or giftwrap if
you happen to have some.
- Optional: something to color with
- Print out the template of choice or cut out your own heart shapes from construction paper.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue together the four large hearts to form a flower (the points
should all face towards the middle of the flower).
- Glue the circle in the center of the poppy.
How to Cut a Heart from Construction Paper:
- Fold the construction paper in half.
- Imagine the fold as the center of the heart and cut a swooping half heart shape from the paper. If doing this for the first time, it can help to draw the half heart onto the paper
- Unfold and you'll have a perfectly symmetrical heart!
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use sparkles, sparkle glue, or felt to decorate the "flower".
- This craft has nice big pieces, so try using paint rather than crayons
to colour in the template.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on red construction
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).