This is an easy cut and paste paper craft for young children to assemble during the spring.
You may also like:
- Bird Nest Paper Plate Craft
- Fall Branch Paper Craft
- Summer Branch Paper Craft
- Winter Branch Paper Craft
- something to color with (black and white version)
- Optional: scraps of "nest colored" wool -- browns, yellows, greys, blacks
- Optional: blue construction paper for a background
- Print out the template of choice (I always prefer black and white, but sometimes the color version is nice for making a sample for a large group of kids or for a quick craft project).
- Color the template pieces if using the black and white version of the craft.
- Cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are very easy to cut out (the leaves are the most challenging) so this makes a great scissor skills activity for kindergarten or early grade school children.
- Glue the bird nest on a branch together; optionally, you can glue all the pieces onto a blue construction paper background:
- Glue the nest behind the branch (so the branch sits over top of the nest)
- Glue the baby birds into the nest (so the nest sits over top of the birds)
- Glue the leaves onto the branch
- Refer to the image at the top of this instruction page if you get stuck.
- Note: I can pretty much promise you that the kids won't assemble the project exactly the way I envisioned it. That's ok!! Let them put the pieces together in whatever way inspires them.
- Optional: Snip small pieces of nest colored wool (colors like brown, grey, black and gold) and glue them onto the paper nest.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).