This fun and simple water color craft is a great way for for children to make creative spring shapes using different water color techniques.
There are several options of shapes, such as raindrop, cloud, flower, or rainbow.
This craft is great for decorating a wall or bulletin board during the Spring time.
- white paper (water color paint warps paper, so the thicker the paper the better; special water color paper works the best but printer paper would be okay too),
- pencil and eraser,
- water color paint
- Print one of the spring shapes template or draw a simple spring shape free-hand. If you're working with a group of kids you can make a cardboard template or two that they can take turns tracing onto pieces of white paper.
- If you are using special paper like water color paper, cut out the spring shape template and trace the shape onto the back of your special paper.
- On the front of the paper, use different Water Color Painting Techniques to paint the paper. Paint a larger section of paper than the traced shape, so that when you cut out the shape, it is all covered with water color paint.
- Let the paint dry completely and then cut out the traced easter shape.
- Optional: Write a message, a quote, a poem, or a goal onto the front or back of the shape to make a card.
- Optional: Try painting more detailed designs on the shape after you cut it out or using multiple Water Color Painting Techniques.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).