more crafts > [Chicks] [Flowers] [Insects] [Lambs] [Other Spring Crafts]
Welcome spring with this cheerful little bird house craft, simple enough for young crafters. Have older children trace the pieces onto fun foam to make it a more complex project.
- something to color with (B&W version),
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step -- I usually give little hands template 1 while I work on cutting out template 2).
- Glue the bird house together -- here's how we did it (though you can let the children arrange the pieces themselves to add their own
- Glue the checkered border on the bottom of the house
- Glue the birds, facing each other, right above the checkers
- Glue the heart-shaped hole for the birds to fly through in about the center of the house
- Glue the "Springtime" label above the hole
- Glue the roof onto the top of the house and decorate it with the flowers
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
- You need both templates to complete this project.