Make a spring or summer flower out of the caps from milk carton containters.
This design will work well with any caps as long as they are all the same size. You could use bottle caps or the caps from juice carton containers. Even the lids from frozen juice cans would work.
- 7 milk carton caps
- construction paper or card stock
- optional: paint and paintbrush
- Optional: paint your caps. Our caps were all dark blue so we painted six of them pink for the petals and one yellow for the centre of the flower. If the caps you have chosen are already colorful you can skip this step.
- Arrange your caps on the paper before you glue them. This way you can experiment with the colors and flipping some caps over. We flipped the middle cap over to give the middle of our flower a different look than all the petals.
- Once you are happy with the arrangement glue all the caps to the construction paper or cardstock.
- Glue the remaining six caps in a circle aroung the cap you glued first. We used school glue and gave it time to dry but you could use hot glue if you have adult supervision.