DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Muffin Flower Pot Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Special thanks to Angel for sharing this idea with us!
"We did this for Mother's Day and gave them to my son's
grandmothers and aunts. We also did this for his teacher's at
school for teacher's appreciation day last year. That way they
got flowers but did not have to worry about them dying or about
watering them. Everyone really loves them and it was very easy
to do. I do suggest using hot glue for this project. It will
hold the flower together better. I did all the gluing but my
son helped me paint and put the plant together."
- small terra cotta pot (Optional: paint for decorating the pots first.).
- Potting soil or plasticine.
- Glue (hot glue works best but only if there is an adult to do it).
- muffin cups.
- Small craft ball (pom pom) - the glittery ones look best.
- green straw or pipe cleaner
- green fun foam
- Place potting soil or plasticine in a small terra cotta pot
may want to paint the pot first. We actually painted the name
of the person we were giving the pot to.).
- Glue one muffin cup into another.
- Place a small pom pom in the center, the ones that have a sparkle
to them are nice.
- Glued the muffin cups to a colored straw or pipe cleaner.
- Using green fun foam, cut out leaf shapes and glue them to the straw/pipe
cleaner for leaves.
- 'Plant' the flowers in the terra cotta pots (push the straw into
the plasticine or soil).
Printable version of these instructions