DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Flower Wreath
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is good scissor skills practice for kindergarten children - the flowers are all circles, making them fairly easy to cut out.
- something to color with
- a paper plate
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape. This will form the base of the wreath. (This may
require adult assistance.
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3 copies of the template depending on how full you want your wreath to be --
our photo is just one template.
- Color the flowers (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile -- you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of
- Glue your paper flowers to completely cover your paper plate "donut".
- You can tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child cut out and color one or two flowers, possibly print their names on
it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Blue Flowers Template
Pink Flowers Template
White Flowers Template
Yellow Flowers Template
Printable version of these instructions