DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sunny the Sunflower Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and simple cut and paste sunflower craft that's perfect for preschool and kindergarten children.
- something to color with
- seeds (sunflower, popcorn or dried peas beans or lentils all work well).
- yellow tissue paper or something to color with.
- green tissue paper or something to color with.
- Print out the template.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the flower and leaves onto the stem. You can glue both
onto a piece of white paper if that makes it easier to hang up later.
- Glue seeds into center of the sunflower.
- Glue balled up pieces of yellow tissue paper onto the petals.
- Glue balled up pieces of green tissue paper onto the leaves.
- If you don't have yellow tissue paper, you can make the petals some other colour (just don't call it a sunflower).
- If you don't have green tissue paper, you can just colour in the leaves and stem or print it on green construction paper.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions